Day 2: Hanoi sightseeing (B)
In the afternoon, we visit the Museum of Ethnology (closed on Monday), featuring a wonderful collection of art and objects from throughout the country and different tribes. In the evening, enjoy a performance of the traditional Water Puppet show. Overnight at Hotel
Day 3: Hanoi – craft villages – Lao Cai (B)
Handicraft villages are an exciting point of culture that should not be missed during your discovery of Vietnamese culture. you’ll start the day trip from Hanoi City to Ha Thai Lacquer village; an unique famous trade village located about 25km from Hanoi. On arrival at the village, you’ll walk around to see families making lacquer ware and get a firsthand look at how the workers here blow soul in this art lacquer. Then, continue to visit the pottery village of Bat Trang, where you will see how the beautiful ceramic products are made.
Afternoon, visit the most famous traditional village for weaving silk of Vietnam (the Van Phuc village). Discover how they create the perfect silk products, a complex technical process includes several work stages such as sewing, weaving and dyeing silk. Have free time for shopping at Van Phuc Silk Village. At the end of the village visits, transfer back to hotel (this day, you will have rooms for refreshment till 18h). Evening, transfer to Hanoi station for overnight train to Lao Cai Overnight on train (shared cabin with 4 soft sleepers)
Day 4: Lao Cai – Can Cau market – Bac Ha town (B) - SATURDAY
This weekly outdoor gathering isn’t just a chance to buy and sell goods; it’s also the social highlight of the week for ethnic groups from all over the area. Afternoon, follow beautiful valley with plums garden and corn filed, you can take the beautiful hike along this great scenery to Pho village, and visit the family of hospitable Mong people.
Along the small trail, you can stop and visit any hospitable local family of Mong people. Try their famous alcohol made from corn and interact with the family in their traditional house. Overnight at Hotel
Day 5: Bac Ha market – Sapa town (B) - SUNDAY
They are Hmong, Phu La, Back Dzao, Tay or Nung minorities. Some of these ethnic minorities can’t be met in any other areas. Then, drive downhill towards Lao Cai for about half an hour. Stop on the way (before reaching Lao Cai) to take a short walk to Trung Do village inhabited by Tay people.
Tay villages are always set up at the foot of a mountain or along a stream and are named after a mountain, a field, or a river. Each village contains about 15-20 households. A large village is divided into many small hamlets.
The houses are built on stilts or level with the ground. The scenery is very beautiful on both sides of the river. We cross magnificent bridges, cornfields and terraced rice fields on the way to Sapa. Overnight at Hotel
Day 6: Sapa sightseeing – Lao Cai – Hanoi (B, L)
The walk is about 10 km (2h30) along the track that the Vietnamese used for fleeing, when the Chinese invaded Sa Pa in 1979. After lunch at local house, we will walk to the rice paddy field where we will have a nice photo session of the amazing surrounding landscapes. A walk through the bamboo forest soon follows which gives you the experience of Vietnam tropical jungle. Along the way, we will stop by a waterfall to have a panorama view of Giang Ta Chai village.
Then walk to main road to take a bus back to Sapa. End of afternoon, transfer to Lao Cai Station for overnight train back to Hanoi. Overnight on train (shared cabin with 4 soft sleepers)
Day 7: Hanoi – Ha Long (B, L, D)
– 12h00: Check in Pelican & Image café (Tuan Chau Island)
– 12h30-13h00: Transfer to Image boat by tender
– 13h00-13h15: Welcome on boat enjoy welcome drink and follow Operation Manager briefing safety on boat as Image Ha Long Cruise heads to Hoa Cuong, Ngon Tay, Duoi Ca.
– 13h30-14h30 : Have lunch on boat
– 15h00-15h45: Transfer to small bamboo boat to visit Luon cave
– 15h45-17h00 : Visit Titov island
– 17h00-18h00: Back to the boat continues cruises to find safety place for overnight (near 587 islet or Luon cave). Free time on boat
– 18h00-19h00 : Happy hour ( buy two drink, get one free )
– 18h30 – 19h00 : Cooking Class
– 19h30 : Have dinner on boat
– 21h30-23h00: Join squid fishing.
Day 8: : Ha Long – Ninh Binh (B, Brunch)
– 06h15-06h45: Enjoy Tai Chi instruction on the Sundeck
– 07h00 : Have breakfast on boat
– 07h45-08h45 : Explorer Visit Surprise cave (about 60 minute by walk)
– 09h00-09h30 : Check out cabin
– 10h30 : Have lunch on boat
– 11h30: Back to Tuan Chau pier. Transfer by tender to Pelican & Image cafe
– 12h00: You will meet your guide & driver, and transfer to Ninh Binh area “called dry Ha Long Bay”. Arrive in Ninh Binh and drop off at hotel. Just in time for you to cycle to Thai Vi temple and see the sun set in a unique natural landscape Overnight at Hotel
Day 9: Ninh Binh sightseeing (B, L))
Morning, you will cycle to Trang An Eco-Tourism area.
Trang An Eco-Tourism complex is a home of 600 kinds of flora and over 200 kinds of fauna that many of them in the Red book of Vietnam. It is also a gathering of 31 valleys, 48 cross-water caves and we will visit 3 to 6 of them. On the rowing boat, you can enjoy the fresh air, clean and clear water with under water grass. Experience ourselves the feeling and emotion when we are on the water caves…. After lunch at local house.
You will then cycle on narrow path to Mua Cave cave where you will climb 450 stairs and enjoy a spectacular view of Land Halong Bay from the top. Cycle back to Tam Coc through the authentic landscape, the villages. Visit the Ban Long pagoda where the Vietnam soldiers had taken cover and produced the arms during the Indochina war. Overnight at Hotel
Day 10: Ninh Binh – Hanoi – Hue (B)
Morning, enjoy the gorgeous limestone karsts and rolling green fields, which gave the area the nickname “Ha Long Bay of the rice paddies”, you will climb aboard a tiny boat for a peaceful cruise up the river to Tam Coc, the “three lagoons”.
Afternoon, visit Bai Dinh pagoda, this is a largest cultural site of south-east Asia : magnificent, gigantic with its over 100 tone golden Buddha, its 500 smaller ones, its 500 meters long alleys and its 500 tone bell. And, transfer to Hanoi airport for flight (19 :15-20 :25) to Hue, the last imperial capital of Vietnam. Arrive at Phu Bai airport, you will meet your guide & driver, and transfer to hotel Overnight at Hotel
Day 11: Hue – Thuy Bieu Eco village – Hue (B, L)
Morning, you will board on a small boat to make a cruise upstream the Perfume River to visit the famous Thien Mu Pagoda. Arrival Thuy Bieu – an authentically village representing the countryside of Hue with the clear notion “garden-home”.
Relaxing by steeping your foot in with medicinal herbs water – a traditional therapeutically practices. Lunch at a local house. A nice walking to Thuy Bieu village (7km), along the walking you have opportunity to admire the quiet and superb landscape of Hue: rice field, fruit tree and vegetable gardens, communal house, primary school and a valley of cemetery. You will visit a garden-home and contact with local people.
You have chance to visit homemade incense production household and discover the life of the farmers while they are working strenuously with joys and enthusiasm. Overnight at Hotel
Day 12: Hue sightseeing (B)
Visit the elaborate tombs of Emperor Tu Duc, founded between 1864-1867 by three thousands soldiers and workers; continue to visit the tomb of Emperor Khai Dinh. Afternoon, visit the majestic Imperial Citadel of Hue, the last vestige of Vietnam’s royal era.
The tour includes: Flag Tower, Ngo Mon Gate, Nine Dynastic Urns, Nine Holy Cannons, Thai Hoa Palace and the Forbidden Purple City or “Tu Cam Thanh”. And, finish the day with a visit of Dong Ba market Overnight at Hotel
Day 13: Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An (B)
Drive to Hoi An via scenic Hai Van Pass, where we enjoy the spectacular panorama of the central coastline from the summit. Stop at Lang Co to stretch your legs and enjoy the white sands of this peaceful beach. Upon arrival in Da Nang, visit the Cham Museum and Marble Mountain. Continue by road to the ancient town of Hoi An. Hoi An is a quaint riverside town, popular with tourists for its eclectic architecture, tailors shops, and numerous cafes. Some of the buildings in the narrow streets have remained unchanged for more than a century.
Enjoy a walking tour through the narrow winding streets of the Ancient Quarter visiting Chua Ong Pagoda, Chinese Assembly Halls, the 200-year old Tam Ky ancestral house, and the Japanese Bridge. Then, take a cruise up the Thu Bon River to visit Thanh Ha pottery village.
Overnight at Hotel
Day 14: Hoi An – My Son – Hoi An (B)
Morning, visit the Cham Ruins at My Son Holy Land. My Son is the former capital of the ancient Cham civilization that ruled Central Vietnam from the second to the thirteenth century. Their religion was primarily derived from Indian Hinduism.
My Son is considered to be one of the best-preserved Cham structures in Vietnam. The complex is comprised of seventy Hindu-like towers and temples dating from the second century.
This site is a Must-See for those people who are interested in architecture and ancient civilizations and is now one of five UNESCO World Heritage sites in Vietnam Overnight at Hotel
Day 15: Hoi An – Da Nang – Hanoi/Saigon departure (B)
Free time at leisure for relaxing on Cua Dai beach for shopping in the ancient town of Hoi An. Then, transfer to Da Nang airport for internal flight to Hanoi or to Saigon where you will take your international flight back home
– The regular check-in time for all hotels is 14:.00. Early check-in is subject to availability.
– The regular check-out time for all hotels is 12:00. Late check-out is subject to availability.
- Mineral water (La Vie, 2 bottles 0,5l/pax/day): offered service
- Train ticket Hanoi/Lao Cai/Hanoi: shared cabin with 4 soft sleepers
- Cyclo tour in Hanoi: 01 hour
- Traditional foot massage in Hanoi: 01 hour
- Bicycle ride in Ninh Binh & to visit Thuy Bieu village
- Vietnam visa approval letter (offered service): single entry, one month
- Meals as indicated “B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Diner”
- Private sampan boat ride in Ninh Binh
- Private boat cruise in Hue, in Hoi An
- Cruise in Ha Long Bay with deluxe junk : shared junk, private cabins with bathroom, A.C, sea view
- Sightseeing & Entrance fee as indicated
- Local English Speaking Guides as the mentioned program (one guide/one place)
- Day use at La Dolce Vita & breakfast: day 7
- Transfer & transportation on tour with private vehicle
- Hotel accommodation with daily breakfast
- Late check-out at La Dolce Vita till 18h00: day 3
- Individual Traveling Insurance.
- Personal Expenses & Tip
- International & Internal airtickets
- Visa stamping fee of $US25 per person at Hanoi or Saigon airport
- All the other not mentioned in the program
- Meals & drinks not mentioned on the program